Earlier this month we had a fabulous workshop for community members with staff from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. They provided very practical tips for homeowners and community groups who are concerned about clean air and water.
I wanted to share these great resources with those of you who were unable to attend. Please pass them on to your friends and neighbors.
Click here for information on future workshops or sign up for our email updates to get notices about future events.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
24 hour complaint line (for environmental concerns with businesses or residential properties)
Small Business and Local Government Assistance Program
- 1-800-447-2827 or 490-3096
- 3 members of staff available in San Antonio available to help
- Industry Specific Webpages - www.sbgla.info
Take Care of Texas
Recycling and Waste Reduction
- Wondering where to take items for recycling, such as paint cans or old computers? Describe the item and enter your zip code and this site will give you a list of locations.
- State Energy Conservation Office (SECO)
- (512) 463-1931
Hazardous Waste Disposal
- City of San Antonio
- (210) 207-6400
- Landscaping that conserves water and protects the environment
- Plants, soils, placement and watering practices
- (210) 704-7297
Resources for Schools and Teachers
Texas Clean School Bus Program