Clearing a Path for Hardworking Families To Succeed

Posted on 2/25/2008 6:44 PM

Are you or your neighbors unable to afford health insurance? Have you ever wondered what public programs might be available to you?  Even the most hardworking families need a helping hand now and then.


You can find out what programs are available to assist you by calling 2-1-1 or visiting the state's Help In Texas website  The website and phone services can provide information on the Children's Health Insurance Program, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Long Term Care, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, as well as child care and public pre-kindergarten programs.

If you have already applied for state services through the Health and Human Services Commission, and have been unsuccessful at resolving a problem through 2-1-1 or the local benefits office, you can contact the HHSC's Office of the Ombudsman toll-free at 1-877-787-8999.

To inquire or file a complaint concerning Food Stamps, Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families(TANF) call 1-800-252-9330

Additional Health and Human Services Commission Contact Information:

TDD Hotline:   1-888-425-6889   or   512-438-3087